What is a Lightning Warning System?
A lightning warning system is a system that alerts you about potential lightning strikes at a specific location. The lightning warning system is based on measurements of electric fields. This sophisticated system can detect lightning danger even when no strikes have previously occurred. If there is a potential for lightning, you will get an alert via the lightning alert app to notify you of the coming storm.
How do Lightning Warnings Work?
Lightning warning systems work by using lightning detection networks. The two networks for lightning warning systems are the National Lightning Detection Network and the Total Lightning Network. These two systems work together by detecting radio waves emitted by fast electric currents in lightning channels.
The First Lightning Alert System Specifically Designed for Industry
Safety and security is a top priority of all industries today. Now, industries can mitigate the risks from lightning with our lightning warning service and our lightning alert app. So, what can you expect from our services?
Features & Benefits of our Lightning Alert Service
- Actual address specific – alerts specifically for your location
- Manage multiple locations from one account
- Multiple alert options: text, email, app
- Easy integration into existing safety procedures & equipment
- The technology makes the decisions when to implement safety procedures
- Sophisticated mapping technologies on website & lightning alert app
- Nothing to install or maintain
- Automatic program and technology updates
- Easy signup
- Clear, easy to understand alerting system
- Set off hours – customizable scheduling
- Technology declares “All Clear”
Simple Payment Plans
- Priced by number of users
- Simple monthly charge to a credit card
- No charges for updates to the system
- Monthly billing, 6 month, & annual contracts
- Special one-time event pricing
Interested in implementing our lightning warning system? Contact us for more information!
The Largest, Most Sophisticated Global Lightning Network
- 1,200 sensors in 40 countries, including Electrostatic and Electromagnetic Field Sensors
- Early storm warning capabilities
- Significantly improves warning times over radar & other technologies
- Superior timing and range accuracy
AT Storm: Lightning Warning Solutions
Lightning Warning Solutions
Introducing AT Storm, the most advanced Lightning Warning System available today. The AT Storm is a true lightning warning system, providing you with a warning prior to the first strike. This state of the art technology was specifically designed for industry. This means that our top of the line lighting warning system, AT Storm, can be integrated into your existing facility warning systems.
- Preventive Protection: This lightning alert system is essential for preventative protection. Typically, there are 50 cloud-to-ground discharges per second globally. The most grave consequence of these discharges is the loss of human life. In addition to the danger imposed upon humans, these discharges affect over 30% of US businesses. These discharges have caused over $5 billion in damages due to loss in production, as well as economic damages. With the lightning alert system, such high costs could be avoided as preventative measures would be put into place.
- Early Detection: With a proper Preventive Protection, Lightning Warning System, your facility can avoid these catastrophic incidents. Having site-specific information about the risk of thunderstorms allows the user to take preventive measures in advance to protect today’s modern operations.
- Total Site & Facility Protection: Lyncole continues as the Nation’s leader in Grounding, Lightning Protection, and Surge Suppression systems. We are proud to partner with Applications Technologies to announce our latest product, ATStorm®. This revolutionary Lightning Warning system is the final product that completes our Total Site & Facility Protection Systems.
Where to apply ATStorm
- Open Areas: Workplaces, sports or open-air activities, competitions, multitudinous events, farming, ranching and/or fishing activities.
- Technology: Computers, electric or electronic controls, emergency alarm or security systems.
- Infrastructure: Harbors, airports, trains, roads, highways, and cable railway.
- Industrial Processes: Prevention of loss in industrial process and operations.
- Continuity of Service: Operations where basic service continuity has to be assured: telecommunications, power supply, energy transport and distribution, health and emergency services.
- Hazardous Products: Prevention of serious accidents involving hazardous products and processes (flammable, radioactive, toxic, and explosives)
Why Choose AT Storm
The AT Storm is a state of the art, patented, cost-effective, and site-specific solution that is the most technologically advanced Lightning Warning System available today. Lightning Warning is a key part of Total Site and Facility Protection for sensitive electronics, prevention of losses in industrial processes, assuring basic service continuity, and prevention of serious accidents.
AT Storm also takes risk and liability off of your team’s hands by having the technology provide the exact timing for when it’s safe to go back to work for your employees and equipment. This system alleviates these challenges and virtually pays for itself after one use. Industry leaders across the nation have been provided with peace of mind by protecting their employees, customers, infrastructure, and equipment. Contact us to learn more about the AT Storm system and get access to a free trial!