Industrial Surge Protection
VFC is proud to work with the industry’s top leaders in industrial surge protection. Our team includes ABB® and PolyPhaser®, who invented the radio frequency (RF) protection industry and continues to create, develop, and implement innovative products that complement our services for total site and facility protection.
The Importance of Surge Suppression Solutions
Large single surge events, such as lightning, can reach hundreds of thousands of volts and can cause immediate or intermittent equipment failure. While we offer lightning protection services for facilities across the globe, these lightning and power anomalies only account for 20% of transient surges, with the other 80% being produced by the facility internally. Smaller in size but higher in occurrence, these surges can degrade expensive equipment within the facility. VFC offers surge protection services and products that can help further protect your company and sustain the longevity of your equipment.
Surge Protection Solutions for Every Industry
We offer surge protection solutions and devices for a variety of industries around the world. From healthcare to government and military, we provide industry-specific industrial surge protection. With a global reach, we are able to provide worldwide solutions as well as stay up-to-date on the latest technology in our ever-changing industry.
Surge Protection Products
ABB®, manufacture of Joslyn surge protection products, owns and operates one of the most complete testing laboratories in the Surge Protective Device (SPD) industry. These devices are designed to protect against transient surge conditions. Contact us today to learn more about this product and if it right for you!
- ABB Current Technologies®
- ABB Joslyn®
- RF Surge Protection
Surge Suppression Features & Benefits
- Listed to UL 1449 4th Edition for a Type 1 and Type 2 SPD application
- Fail-safe design with individually fused Metal Oxide Varistors (MOVs) elimination single point failure, protecting against both overcorrect and overvoltage events
- 200kAlC short circuit rating permits direct bus connection to most electrical services
- Low let through voltage ensured by the lowest possible impedance path to ground and equal current sharing during surge events
- All weather sealed, powder-coated NEMA 4/IP65 housing is designed for any orientation and indoor/outdoor application
- 10-year standard warranty with options 15-year extended warranty
Designed for You
VFC is proud to offer the most innovative industrial surge protection no matter what industry you’re in. We offer complete systems design and engineering services unique to your industry and product. Contact us today to learn more about our offerings and how you can get started today!